Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Blessed!

Some said I’m so good with words, yet I never really let myself to put my thanks into words. I wrote this not for anybody at all. I wrote this as a reminder. That if someday I feel so lame, so unlucky, I would read this. And remember that I, indeed, blessed with too many things.

I breathe the air. Too simple, sounds not so extremely big deal. Fortunately, it’s a big deal. Though living in this sometimes-can-be-so-cruel kind of world can cause a hypertension, loss of patience and drained tears, I thank God for being alive. If I never had live, I wouldn’t know the experience of having the best parent in my life. They are the perfect example with their own imperfection. Stubborn and fussy. Two things I strongly inherited from both, that build me up strong enough even until now. Parent was never an enough blessing. I got thrown in the middle of three siblings. Four creatures born in the same blood, understand each other in their unique ways. Not much of a talk, but when it needed the most, we just understand and stand side by side just to support. For sure, these five people were the ones who never leave. They stubbornly stay at the lowest point of my life.

I used to think that I’ll end up with one best friend. But, He disagreed. He knew I need a little more. So He put four guardian angels, best friends, partner in crime, stupidity ally. At least for now. So whatever happens, they can countervail it. They are the ones that I mad at, cried to, and laughed with. So far, we’ve been at the same level of craziness. Somehow I can count my friends, because it was never easy for me to be open to anybody. Those who didn’t know me would point me out as quiet and vicious. I am, for the outsider. Anyway, I am blessed not only with four best friends, but also with so many more friends that I’ve been sharing laugh and life.

I knew nothing about His plan on making me adore those two who, fortunately turn out to be so humble, so kind, so big hearted. So, for this one thing, again I am blessed. For me it’s not me being lucky, it’s me being blessed. Having to know them was one time life lesson. It taught me a lot about having a big heart. Hopefully it’s not only me that being blessed by both of them. Up until now, I keep sending bundles of prayer asking Him to take a good care of both of them.

I fall in love with simple. He’s the simplest and the easiest one to fall to. He’s simply there and he’s simply a supporter, not a provocateur. With him, I had the most comfort conversation. I never regret the day we knew each other. And I never regret the things that I’ve said to him. Honestly, he’s one of the blessings that I had. I learn a lot from him. Being open, being me, and mostly being genuine. When I put a stop between, it’s not because I’m mad. I just need to stop.

I was never a big fan of kiddos. But being thrown away in the middle of hundred of kids, made me learn. What you see is what you get. They can definitely make you lift up your eyebrows, but in seconds they can turn it into laugh. They are what I called a blessing in disguise. With them, it’s not about teaching. It’s about learning together. I find out things first and then I share it with them.

I hate being hurt. But somehow, it’s one of His ways of teaching me lesson. So, I can count it as blessing. It’s a blessing to be hurt by anybody, because at one point, not immediately, I learn things. I learn whom to trust, who are my real family and friends, how I want to be treated by others, why He want me to go through things.

It’s not all the blessings that I ever had in my life. I still have the list going on and on and on. For now, this list will become my first reminder of how good He is. I am not lame. I am not unlucky. I am blessed with so many things. So, thank you, Lord :)

These are my blessings. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment