Saturday, August 24, 2019

Two loves.

All my life, most of my decision, I considered people around me so much because they matter to me.
But for the first time I made a decision solely based on me.
I put aside everyone’s and basically choose myself.
I was scared but I just knew what I had to do.
I needed to walk away.
I knew but it didn’t make it any easier. It’s still hard.
I had it hard.
But I wasn’t the only one going through that part.
They had it hard too. Unavoidably.
From my very first day, you’ve always been the two who worried the most.
As I decided to walk away, I added another one. Another hard time.

I knew you worried a lot.
Worried if my decision turn out to fail me.
And I knew it’s not the only thing.
I knew you had to listen to people’s words.
The world’s opinions towards me.
I knew for some people, I’m a failure and at some point it affected you.
Those words, those opinions, I could always walk away from it.
Even if I want, I could throw tantrum at them.
You wouldn’t. You couldn’t.
I’m sorry I made you go through the hard part.
I thought I had it hard, but you had it hard too. 

Thank you for always sticking with me.
Not even once you turn your back on me. Never.
You even let me walk with my own pace.
You let me do what I wanted to do.
Even when I selfishly decided to run away for a while, be with myself. You still went along with it.
You knew I was having it hard and trying your best to understand.
You remind me that everything will be just fine.
Even if it’s not, you’d still be there for me. Every time.

I’m doing better now. I won’t be if it weren’t for you.
Still people won’t stop. The oblige feeling of assessing me will keep on going.
You’ll still have to listen to it.

But I promise, I’ll make both of you proud for having me.

No comments:

Post a Comment